Some of the Effects of Complaining
“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude… Stop complaining.” – Maya Angelou
On the lighter side, football coach and motivational speaker, Lou Holtz said, “90% of the people don’t care about your problems and the other 10% are glad you have them.”
Studies have shown that complaining can be severely damaging to your health, productivity and life in general. People who complain on a consistent basis are inclined to have poor health, tend not to do well in their jobs and have relationships that are less satisfying and shorter lasting.
Oh, yes, and they are often quite miserable to be around.
Complaining also keeps people from taking action. It gives us plenty of excuses to procrastinate and keep from achieving our goals. It’s always much easier to complain than to find a solution. It’s a denial of responsibility; and blame is just another way of excusing yourself from being responsible.
Complaining doesn’t make one a bad person… it just puts a damper on the possibility of living an exceptional life.